1. All believers must learn to endure against the attacks made on Bible doctrine. 2TI 4:3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires;
2. There is a tremendous price to pay for receiving Bible doctrine. PRO 23:23 “Buy truth, and do not sell it, get wisdom and instruction and understanding.” You may have to travel a little to get truth, in fact it's very interesting that in the days of The Lord Jesus Christ, people complained about traveling to hear doctrine. However, our Lord dealt with that issue directly in MAT 12:42 when He said that, “The queen of the south will rise up with this generation at the judgment and will condemn it, because she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and behold, something greater than Solomon is here.” Notice that He said something greater is here, not someone, although He is indeed greater, however, He is referring to doctrine!
3. Doctrine is important because experiential sanctification comes only through Bible doctrine, not through human works, or achievement, JOH 17:17 “Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth.”
4. Therefore, the believer must also have praise toward the Word of God. PSA 56:4 “In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me?”
PSA 56:10“In God, whose word I praise, In the Lord, whose word I praise,
5. The Word of God is Who God is, JOH 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” JOH 1:14 “And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw [beheld] His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.”REV 19:13 “He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called the Word of God.”
6. Rejection of Bible doctrine produces poverty, while acceptance produces reward. PRO 13:13The one who despises the word will be in debt to it, but the one who fears the commandment [respects the word] will be rewarded.PRO 16:20He who gives attention to the word will find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
7. Persecution will arise on the believer who makes Bible doctrine their number one priority. MAT 13:21 “Yet he has no firm root in himself, but is only temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away.”
8.Bible doctrine is the basis for the divine judgment at both the Bema Seat Judgment and the White Throne Judgment. JOH 12:48 “He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.”
PDFDownload Instructions: Internet Explorer & Opera: Right-click the download link and choose "Save Target As...". Firefox: Right-click the download link and choose "Save Link As...". Safari: Control-click the download link and choose "Download Linked File..."