Pennsylvania Conference 2004 - The Church of Thyatira, Part 4.
Wednesday PM, June 23, 2004
Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries Pennsylvania Conference Wednesday PM, June 23, 2004
1. Christs eyes are like unto a flame of fire = He is scrutinizing them, uncovering all the hidden things of darkness, penetrating the secret rooms in their heart.
2. The eyes like a flame of fire does not become an issue until after salvation, after you believe in Christ, then you have the option, and you face the option - which way are you going to go, positive toward doctrine, or negative toward doctrine.
3. The eyes of the Lord are like a flame of fire - divine punishment to cosmic believers, and divine reprimand at the judgment seat of Christ through loss of certain blessings, decorations, and rewards, loss of some of the super happiness systems of eternity.
4. The eyes of the Lord are like a flame of fire = a challenge to all the believers to make good decisions, from their human volition.
JOS 24:15And if it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: ....but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
5. The eyes are like a flame of fire, and they apply to divine judgment of the nation, as well as divine discipline for individual believers.
Even though history is the record of mans thoughts, decisions, actions and motivations, Jesus Christ still controls history.
6. The eyes are like a flame of fire, are warnings against believers making bad decisions.
Burnished bronze = historical judgment to the nations of history from the principle that Jesus Christ controls history.
Bronze was used for economic judgment of a client nation - DEU 28:23-25 - the word bronze, not brass.
DEU 28:23And the heaven which is over your head shall be bronze, and the earth which is under you, iron.
DEU 28:24The Lord will make the rain of your land powder and dust; from heaven it shall come down on you until you are destroyed.
DEU 28:25The Lord will cause you to be defeated before your enemies; you shall go out one way against them, but you shall flee seven ways before them, and you shall be an example of terror to all the kingdoms of the earth.
The eyes like a flaming fire, the feet of bronze = when Jesus Christ controls history, and He does right now, these judgments come to believers who fail to execute their very own personal drama and fulfill their personal sense of destiny.
Bad decisions bring on economic disaster, as a manifestation of cosmic involvement with evil and degeneration.
Our time on earth and our energy, intelligence, opportunities, relationships, and resources are all gifts from God that He has entrusted to our care and management.
PSA 24:1The earth is the Lords, and all it contains, The world, and those who dwell in it.
GEN 1:28And God blessed them; and God said to them, Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it;
The first job God gave humans was to manage and take care of Gods stuff on earth.
1CO 4:7What do you have that you did not receive? And if all you have is from God, why boast as though you have accomplished something on your own?
1CO 4:2In this case, moreover, it is required of stewards that one be found trustworthy.
In the story of the talents, MAT 25:14-29, a businessman entrusts his wealth to the care of his servants while he is away. When he returns, he evaluates each servants responsibility and rewards them accordingly.
To those who used their wealth properly, the owner said, Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your masters happiness,MAT 25:21.