Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries
Pennsylvania Conference 2004 - The Church of Thyatira, Part 6.
Thursday PM, June 24, 2004
Robert McLaughlinBible MinistriesPennsylvania ConferenceThursday PM,June 24, 2004
We have seen toleration as a virtue, but there is also a toleration, which has no virtue at all, it is simply a sign of cosmic living.
In the cosmic system, there is a great deal of toleration of all Satanic ideas and concepts - exactly what we have here.
Right toleration is related to the doctrine of impersonal love, but here we have toleration of that which is false, and that which is evil.
Here is toleration of the wrong ideas and toleration of the wrong people.
It was this bomb called - gune = a woman.The Jewish word, the Hebrew word, in Genesis = Ishshah.
Jezebel represents that which is dangerous and magnificent that lures the believer away from the PPOG and their very own personal sense of destiny.
1. She was beautiful - and arrogant.
The definite article - used as a remote demonstrative pronoun = that woman.
Proper noun - Iezabel - Isabel - Hazebel in Hebrew, Iezabel in Greek.
Jezebel = beauty and brains, otherwise she would not have been so designated by the writer under the ministry of God the Holy Spirit.
In order to advance her own aims, in order to gain attention, in order to fulfill inordinate ambition, she gave herself a title, to which she was not entitled.
She was electing to have a gift from God, which did not exist, which brings her into focus as a very arrogant and ambitious woman.
1. Jezebel is not really her name; it is a nickname, but everyone knows who it is.
2. She had succeeded in luring believers away from doctrine into the phallic cult in a manner similar to the historical Jezebel who invaded Israel.
One of the greatest invasions Israel ever faced was not the Assyrian Army of 180,000 infantry, it was one woman - Jezebel.
3. The word of God strongly opposes female leadership in spiritual things.
4. The pattern for this Bible objection, this prohibition of female leadership, goes back to the Garden of Eden, and the historical trend related to the weak controlling the strong.
The Bible does call the woman the weaker vessel not because she lacks courage, not because she lacks character, but simply because she is dependent on the man.
You ladies have discovered, any of you past 20, that dependence on a man is weakness; cursed is the man who trusteth in man.
5. The woman sinned first and at that moment became weak.
In the Garden of Eden we have the first case of the weak and the strong, the woman who had sinned first is the weak, and the man who had not yet sinned was the strong.
6. From the very beginning of mans failure on planet earth, he was the victim of the weak controlling the strong.
Men are vain, and a smart woman can appeal to a mans vanity and easily control him.
6. From the very beginning of mans failure on planet earth, the weak have manipulated the strong and controlled him.
7. Adam took the forbidden fruit from the hand of the woman, not from the tree.
Jezebel of the OT, the evil, weak, ambitious, beautiful, smart, arrogant woman controlled one of the greatest soldiers of his age.
Jezebel in Thyatira is controlling believers, luring them from the blessing of the PPOG into the cursing of the cosmic system.