The New Testament analogy of the Old Testament Fish Gate. Part 5.
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Our relationship in our main passage in ROM 9:24 says in effect that God has called even us, not from among Jews only, but also from among Gentiles.
We have been noting the correlation of the shadows and the substance of the spiritual life to illustrate the similarities found in the book of Nehemiah as it relates to the spiritual life and the mystery doctrine of the Church-age.
There are simliarities between the two but there are even greater differences of privileges between the execution of the benefits bestowed upon the Jews of the Old Testament and the Jews and the Gentiles in the New Testament.
Using the Gates and Walls in Nehemiah as the shadows he writes about in COL 2:16-17, whereas the mystery doctrine of the Church-Age equals the substance. COL 2:16-17, Therefore let no one act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day--things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.
a. The spiritual life of the Jew in the O.T. as illustrated by the Gates and Walls in Nehemiah. b.While the spiritual life of the Jews and Gentiles as illustrated by the mystery doctrine of the Church-Age.
O.T. Shadow [Sheep Gate] point to N.T. Substance [Salvation in Christ alone]
For TLJC did say JOH 10:2 "But he who enters by the door is a shepherd of the sheep.
JOH 10:7 Jesus therefore said to them again, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. JOH 10:11 "I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. JOH 10:27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;
O.T. Shadow [Fish Gate] point to the N.T. Substance [Ministry of God the H.S.]
The next part of the substance of the spiritual life for the Jews and Gentiles has to do with the seven-fold ministry of God the Holy Spirit.
1. Regeneration which means the Holy Spirit creates a human spirit for the imputation of eternal life, TIT 3:5.
Regeneration = A second birth or being born again -, Joh 3:3, "Jesus said `Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a person is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.’" JOH 3:7, "Do not marvel that I said to you, `You must be born again.’
2. Then we have second ministry which is the Baptism of the Spirit who enters us into union with Christ, Acts 1:5; 1CO 12:13.
In retroactive positional truth, we reject and are separated from good and evil, and divorced from the old sin nature.
ACT 1:5 for John baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now. "
3. The indwelling of God the Holy Spirit who indwells our body in order to create a temple for the indwelling of Jesus Christ as the Shekinah Glory, 1CO 6:19-20.
4. Sealing of the Spirit is our security as royal family in time as well as eternity, and a guarantee of the existence of our escrow blessing, 2CO 1:22; EPH 1:13; EPH 4:30.
5. The distribution of your spiritual gift, 1CO 12:11. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.
Efficacious grace; EPH 2:8 = is the ministry of God the Holy Spirit in making the faith of the spiritually dead person effective for eternal salvation.